When someone describes a quality shelter, they often start with the phrase “four walls.” In your RV, these four walls are no less important. They’re the boundary between you and the outside world, the insulation between your comfort and harsh weather. That’s why we’ve put together this important RV wall repair guide to help you keep your shelter looking and performing its best.
Start With The Right Materials
RV wall repair might sound complicated at first, but you’ll simplify things quite a bit by acquiring the quality materials you need. Here are a few key items:
- RV Sealant. The phrase “RV wall” can include a variety of materials, such as fiberglass and wood. It’s important that you match the RV sealant to the actual materials that you’ll be working with. That’s why we provide a variety of RV sealants here at RV by LIFE. Make sure that you read the labels and descriptions for each of these to ensure that you’re matching the sealant to the appropriate materials. This can make your repairs much easier and promote long-lasting adhesion that keeps your walls properly sealed off.
- The Stick. The Stick is a simple purchase of only a few dollars, but it can make the sealing process go much more smoothly—both literally and figuratively. The Stick promotes the even application of your RV sealant and helps you keep your hands dry!
- RV Restoration. Maybe you’re not dealing with a leak, but dry rot instead. We offer RV restoration products specifically designed to help repair and protect wood at risk for dry rot.
With any RV, the first step for repair is the proper diagnosis of the problem. This will let you choose from the materials above so that the process itself can be as quick and painless as possible.
Sealing An RV Wall For Proper Repair
If you need to seal up a leak, it’s important to know the key steps along the way:
- Clean the area. It’s important that you get a full understanding of the extent of the leak itself. Clear out the area as much as possible and give it a good
cleaning. Letting it dry will help promote the adhesion of your RV sealant products.
- Plan your patching. Before you start sealing, make sure that you have enough patching material to cover the whole range of the affected area.
- Seal. With the proper RV sealant promoting adherence to the material of your RV wall, you’ll be able to seal with confidence. You can use The Stick to clear out any
excess or smooth out the application of your sealant along the way.
- Cure and dry. Keep your RV out of harm’s way while the sealant cures and dries.
Find More Great RV Cleaning & Repair Products
With the right RV products at your disposal, something as ambitious as RV wall repair is within your grasp. Take the time to choose the right sealants for your RV, and you’ll be amazed at just
how easy DIY RV repair can be.